I've just gone through a rare spate of problems with my Earthkink DSL, and their Hindu product support with German accent and attitude has me thinking it's time to change, after 16 years with them and their predecessors.
Dish is offering a deal combined with internet. We've been paying a lot more money to DreckTV. I've been content with Dreck, other than the price, and I heard complaints some time back about Dish.
I'm sure DreckTV bought Dish a few years ago. Has there been a split, or is it just pseudo competition?
I have Dish for satellite TV. I like Dish. I plan to go back to Verizon when our contract ends in December because I do not want to deal with the hard disk inside the settop box DVR problems that may happen even though we have had no problems so far but hard discs eventually corrupt and fail. Changing back to Verizon avoids the expenses with Dish. I ended our Verizon triple play contract when it expired so that I could use Magic Jack instead of Verizon's landline phone service which is very expensive with almost as much fees and hidden taxes as Verizon's monthly charges. When I go back to Verizon TV it will be without Verizon's phone service and include only Verizon's excellent internet and Verizon's TV.
Here are some warnings:
1. price: the entry, lost leader price of $24 does not include much and other costs will bring up your monthly cost immediately and after the introductory $24 price rolls over to the following 2nd year. You will not pay just $24 for the introductory period, you will pay more than the lost leader price of $24 for the introductory period. I called just a week ago and threaten to terminate Dish as a negotiating tactic and Dish reduced my monthly cost for the remainder of my contract. Dish has a very large termination fee so be sure you want to keep Dish before the grace period ends.
2. service. Dish will automatically enroll you for a $39 iniatial non refundable fee to service your Dish products, but you can refuse by talking to them and declining it. If you need service after refusing, then you must pay the $39 plus service charges on top of the fee no matter when you agree to the $39 fee. I talked to Dish, declined the $39 and have not yet needed any service after 1 year and 3 months into my 2 year agreement with Dish.
3. HD costs. HD, high definition, is not available for free on all stations. HD does cost more with Dish depending on what package you get. I selected and agreed to pay for some HD on a 120 channel package which worked out fine but with the added cost.
4. movies. We rarely watch the movies offered and do record a couple here and there to the setbox, DVR but do not pay for 'on demand movies' ever. Mostly, we record everything we end up watching (mostly one hour programs we enjoy and not movies) to the settop box, DVR so that we can skip by fast forwarding past the commercials and watch at our convenience and/or playback portions. Dish includes for free some movie channels such as EPIC, ENCORE, etc and now gives as a free bonus STARZ without paying for them, but we rarely watch what is offered.
4. satellite. Dish's satellite equipment resets when it loses the signal at least once per week, but it is not a problem and resetting takes minutes. You must learn the procedures to use the 'SAT' button on the remote and we often just reset the whole system by rebooting by unplugging the settop box at the wall which is easy and quick. While the satellite is resetting your recording is interrupted but we are merely talking about 5 minutes or less once a week or less frequently which does not matter much to us.
Verizon's very fast broadband internet fits excellently into the game playing by 2 of my young adult children. Speed means game playing on worldwide, multi player arrangements avoids lags and delays that reduce their skills significantly.
Our local other sources of internet are not good enough for 2 of my young adult children...too slow. We hardwired their computers into the router increasing their speed that was not available by using wireless connection to the router. There was a one time fee to hardwire them into the router but no added monthly charge.
When my wife and I are empty nesters, then I will feel free to shop for other internet sources.
rominause: If only I could soup up my salary a bit! But no worries - I know guys who can do it for me. They technique in sports betting was a huge shackeaout for the market. Wanna see? Follow my link jkr.co/!
Apr 14, 2021 1:41:25 GMT -6
Susan George: Thank You for your support!
Dec 21, 2020 17:18:51 GMT -6
Tonja: I think you need to consult with a professional development team. Start by covering your idea and implementing its design. This should be a company with experience as northell.design
Nov 29, 2020 17:15:41 GMT -6
VasCos: Mobile cryptocurrency wallet is a mobile application that stores your cryptocurrencies and carries out your transactions. Learn more about cryptocurrency wallets at plark.io right now.
Nov 13, 2019 16:18:54 GMT -6
ConGM: Please direct me to the full article by Susan George. Or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.The provided link is broken. I'd like to read it in preperation for a course. Much appreciated.
Nov 13, 2017 15:19:23 GMT -6
ace comando: Well, it took me several days and a lot of code writing to sift through the millions of achieved pages on the Wayback Machine achieves. Was about to give up when a colleague gave me mining script to look at all archived pages whether displayed or not. And
Feb 24, 2017 19:44:10 GMT -6
unlawflcombatnt: I've now changed the colors on the board to something more readable. At least now readers can find the sign-in tab.
Jul 6, 2014 22:58:23 GMT -6
unlawflcombatnt: OldUser-the sign-in area is in the dark area immediately under the red section that says Economic Populist Forum. It's almost impossible to see, unless you know where to look. This was ProBoards idea, not mine.
Jun 12, 2014 11:52:53 GMT -6
OldUser: There's no link on here to sign on or login. Where'd it go?
May 29, 2014 8:44:44 GMT -6
jeffolie: One might short a bull ETF to gain the decay but this requires a margin position subject to changes imposed by the exchanges & brokers
Oct 26, 2013 13:26:07 GMT -6
jeffolie: Holding a stop loss in these algo dominated markets almost always means the algos will hit your stops
Oct 26, 2013 13:20:09 GMT -6
jeffolie: Even so, these leveraged ETFs do not create margin calls nor expiration dates thus allowing one to hold indefinitely
Oct 26, 2013 13:17:52 GMT -6
jeffolie: Yes, the ETF features fading/leveraged decay because the futures and/or options used decay plus the administrative costs rise the decay, declining value ... I accept this as a cost and feature of all ETFs that purchase futures/options to maintain price
Oct 26, 2013 13:15:38 GMT -6
mimzy: jeffolie ~ I've been reading/lurking you for a year or three now and was wondering if your could you explain how you overcome quantum fading/leveraged decay in your ETF short position of the DJIA?
Oct 25, 2013 20:46:26 GMT -6